Our client, a logistics company in East Africa is seeking to recruit a Business Development Manager to be based in Kampala, Uganda. The preferred candidates MUST have prior work experience in the East African region, a proven track record in sales of logistics / clearing / forwarding services and a Ugandan National.
• Prospect for potential new clients and convert into business.
• Research and build relationships with new clients.
• Meet potential clients by growing, maintaining and leveraging your network.
• Participate in pitching, biding and pricing the services.
• Use sales strategy to attain potential clients.
• Submit weekly progress reports and ensure data is accurate.
• Forecast sales targets and ensure that they are met.
• Research and develop the company’s business, goals and capabilities.
• Must have a Bachelors Degree in Sales & Marketing or related field.
• Must have extensive experience in Business development within East African region.
• Must have strong business development and relationship management skills.
• Excellent presentation and communication skills.
• Attention to detail and results oriented.
• Must be a strong team player.
• Must have a good track record in designing logistics solutions / closing deals.
• Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
• Good written and spoken English.
Please click on the tab below to apply;