Our client is looking for a Resourceful Conservation Manager for a conservancy in Masai Mara. The successful candidate must effectively manage the ranger team in all their duties and maintain discipline and reporting structures as well as manage He/She must have strong community relations experience and speak fluently Kiswahili.
• Ensure all users of the conservancy area are adhering to the conservancy code of conduct and bylaws including those of the Grazing Regulations.
• Implement the livestock management plan and ensure that this is appropriately controlled and communicated to all relevant stakeholders.
• Oversee the collection of any cattle fines administered for trespass within the conservancy and ensure this money is appropriately recorded.
• Ensure all conservancy equipment, infrastructure and assets are properly maintained.
• Maintain a petty cash float and submit expense sheets for reimbursement.
• Ensure effective communication is taking place between the Management Company and the Conservancy Landowners.
• Produce a brief weekly report covering for the Board of directors: Work completed & scheduled, grazing, wildlife, security and landowner updates.
• Strong Organisational Skills.
• HR and workshop experience.
• Livestock experience an advantage.
• Basic accounting.
• IT knowledge including GPS tracking & mapping skills.
Please click on the tab below to apply;