Our client, a logistics company in East Africa is seeking to recruit a Legal Officer to be based in Mombasa. The preferred candidates MUST have prior work experience in the corporate sector and MUST have a proven track record in providing legal support and guidance to an organisation.
• Assist in drafting or reviewing all legal documents of the company.
• Advice the company and its affiliated businesses on all legal issues.
• Periodically conduct legal trainings to staff members e.g labor/employment issues
• Handle immigration related issues e.g. work permits etc
• Review documents for compliance with the law and correctness.
• Conduct legal research and preliminary investigation on cases.
• Liaise with external laws.
• Conduct arbitration and mediation services.
• Provide sound legal advice to the company.
• Assist in the formulation of company policies to conform to the legal requirements.
• Any other job that may be given to the job holder from time to time.
• Must have a Bachelors’ Degree in Law from a recognized university.
• Must have above 3 years’ experience in the corporate sector.
• Must be an advocate of the High Court of Kenya.
• Must have a good understanding of the company’s business and operations.
• Must have excellent interpersonal communication at all levels.
• Must have problem solving and analytical skills.
• Must have ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
• Must be results oriented and a dedicated team player.
• Must be well versed with the Kenyan laws and regulations applicable.
Please click on the tab below to apply;