Our client, a Luxury boutique hotel group in Kenya is looking to recruit a Reservationist. He/She will be responsible for maximizing room sales and revenue, efficient room reservation, providing information on prices; and to up-selling rooms and service where possible. He/She will also review and control room availability and prepare daily arrival list, provide accredited advance reservation and occupancy forecasts. Experience in a 5 star class environment is a must.
• Assist in maximizing room sales and revenue.
• Ensure that all reservations are input into the system promptly and accurately.
• Review regularly the rooms & rates availability, hotel status, close-out dates and overbooking.
• Extend full cooperation within and between other departments.
• Inform the revenue manager of situations like; overbooking, system failure and other critical cases.
• Consult with reservation manager before making any critical decision at work.
• Maintain reservations, rooms & guest services systems, procedures, company standards and policies.
• Assist in rooms & guest services functions as needed.
• Regularly update data system for contracts, rates & agreements, guest/client information.
• Maintain accurate records of data essential to future business plans.
• Generate monthly reports required by the management and owners.
• Observe and ensure that proper telephone manners are maintained at all times.
• Coordinate group reservations activity with the Sales Department and Revenue Manager.
• Follow up tentative bookings and update reservation status.
• Review no-show and cancelled reservations and processes charges.
• Perform other duties as assigned by Revenue Manager.
• Exercise and ensure proper selling and up-selling to maximise revenue for the hotel.
• Keep all charts, records, files and correspondence updated and accurate.
• Bachelor degree in Business Administration, Marketing or relevant discipline
• Minimum of 3 years in a similar capacity preferably in a 5 star class environment.
• Knowledgeable in Reservation Operation and related applications – experience working with Opera
• Have excellent English communication skills both in written and spoken
• Posses’ professional disposition with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Knowledgeable in hotel and guest room facilities/services.
Please click on the tab below to apply;