Tested, Challenged and Ready to Succeed ...
Assistant Head Guide – Masaai Mara, Kenya
Job Category: Hospitality / Travel /Catering / Restaurant / Tourism
- Check and identify any potential hazards in the workplace and take appropriate action to minimize th
- Operating to the highest safety, health and hygiene standards.
- Planning and delivering a quality safari through interpretive guiding and story-telling.
- Caring for the guests and keeping their best interests and safety in mind at all times.
- Respecting guests, wildlife and the land at all times in all actions.
- Encourage an understanding of the Company foundation and manage the foundation projects.
- Liaison with management in implementation of all operating procedures in the guiding department.
- Ensure all operational equipment & vehicles are well maintained and operational at all times.
- Cover all daily, weekly and annual requirements expected from the head guide.
- Communicate effectively with all other guides and lodge staff.
- Enhance the value and excellent reputation of the lodge, its business and the property.
- Assist with the efficient running and functioning of the back of house operations.
- Initiate and participate in field projects.
- Must have at least 3 years guiding experience.
- PSV (at least 2 years of driving experience, preferably with 4*4).
- Certificate from a recognized guiding school.
- A KPSGA bronze or silver level qualification.
- Must be first-aid qualified.
- Knowledgeable about environmental and national issues.
- Proactive and eye to detail.
- Good people skills.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills.
- Must adhere to world class hospitality and service standards.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Please do not apply if you do not meet the requirements of the job.