- Is the salary offer negotiable?
- Does the offer include or exclude bonuses/commissions?
- Know what the notice period will be and if any non-competes are in play.
- Know which benefits the offer includes e.g. Healthcare, dental, pension, critical illness insurance etc.
- Know what your vacation and sickness leave is.
- Know if you are eligible for stock options.
- Are relocation expenses reimbursed?
- Is higher education/tuition subsidised?
- Know the core values of the company. Are they aligned with yours?
- Verbal offers are not legally binding.
- Written offers are not legally binding unless they constitute the employment contract.
- Contracts are legally binding if signed by both parties.
Do your own due diligence on the workplace CULTURE before accepting job offers. Remember to do a cost benefit analysis on salary vs. time away from your family. Money is NOT everything.
Courtesy: Kirsty Booner | KB