- Know what fair market value is for the role (Glassdoor) and have a realistic expectation.
- If forced to give a number in interview give a range eg. $40k-45k per annum.
- State that you are open to negotiation and incentivisation based on the growth of the company.
- Once you accept an offer, salary negotiations are over.
- Accept that you may have to accept less now to survive the COVID19 crisis.
We could ALL save time by being more transparent about salaries in the early stages of the hiring process, especially during COVID19.
Ultimately, time and health are more valuable than money because they cannot be replaced!!
Courtesy: Kirsty Bonner | #KB