PREP like this…
- Test audio and camera.
- Elevate your laptop to avoid staring down into the camera.
- Dress professionally.
- Position yourself at a table, against a plain, neutral background.
- Check the lighting in the room.
- Close all other applications on your laptop
- Silence your cell phone and disable vibration.
- Have a copy of your resume at hand.
- Attach posts around the laptop screen with prompts and questions you wish to ask the interviewer.
- Exclude kids, pets etc from the room for the duration of the interview.
- Have pen and paper at hand.
- Have a glass of water next to you.
- Have the phone number of the interviewer in case video connection is lost.
You have fully researched the company in depth.
You know who your interviewer is.
You have practiced behavioural questions using C.A.R.L (Context, Action, Result, Learning).
And you will send a “thank you” email within 6-8 hours of the interview.
Look into the camera, not the screen.
That’s the way to ACE a video interview!
Courtesy | #KB Kirsty Bonner.