Our client, a dynamic consumer lending App that underwrites customers in real time using thousands of alternative data signals is seeking to recruit a Director – Recoveries to help lead their growing operational team servicing customers in the East Africa region. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing on-site team responsible for collections operations with direct accountability for recoveries performance, full cycle, personnel management, quality of service and budget management. The ideal candidate should have experience working in a Financial lending Institution in East Africa region that uses Technology with strong analytical, organisation development and hands on operational management skills.
• Managing on – site team responsible for collections operations with direct accountability for recoveries performance, full cycle, personnel management, quality of service and budget management.
• Responsible for developing and implementing collections strategies i.e omni -channel collections, account segmentation and new technologies.
• Responsible for developing and managing quality assurance programs, performance reporting and continuous improvement projects.
• Identify, prioritize and implement collections tests and improvement strategies with team of analysts and supervisors.
• Identify root cause of issues impacting collection results, communicate tradeoffs/risk for different solution.
• Develop and report on KPI progress as well as indicators/inputs impacting performance.
• Evaluate performance of team members and provide guidance regarding development.
• Relevant Bachelor Degree
• Masters is an added advantage
• Experience working in a Financial lending Institution in East Africa region that uses Technology with strong analytical, organisation development and hands on operational management skills.
• Minimum 10 years’ experience in Collections with at least 5 years of Management experience above the supervisor level.
• Experience managing teams who are servicing the East Africa region and deep understanding of Regional difference
• Experience directly hiring and managing collectors and supervisory staff.
• Deep experience assessing and utilizing operational and customer data to identify performance gaps, drive improvement, highlight opportunities and future growth.
• Excel, SQL or other business analytical tools experience.
• Comfort with ambiguity, a rapidly changing environment and communicating assumptions risks and decisions.
• Experience working in a startup environment.
• Experience with call centre and telephony tech systems.
• Experience working with an international team.
• Willingness to travel within the region.
Please click on the tab below to apply;