Our client a leading Regional Manufacturing group is looking to recruit an Accounts Assistant. The successful candidate will be responsible for covering production costs, cost sales, product development, analysis of raw material inventory and preparation of periodic reports.
- Post financial data to appropriate accounts in an automated accounting system.
- Cost accounting.
- Asset and Liability Management.
- Working Capital Management.
- Enter, update, and/or retrieve accounting data from automated systems.
- Must have a backup of tally daily and secure it outside the office premises.
- Prepare and submit customer invoices.
- Payroll preparation and statutory remittance.
- Submit relevant withholding and VAT payments to the Kenya Revenue Authority.
- Code, post and receive payments.
- Perform all necessary account, bank and other reconciliations.
- Monitor customer accounts for non-payment and delayed payments.
- Assist in month-end reporting procedures.
- Design, prepare and maintain accounting and finance spreadsheets.
- Clients’ accounts reconciliations for payments received and disbursed for vehicles.
- Create sales agreements and proforma invoices and assist the sales team in seeing through sales.
- Prepare all financial accounts ready for Auditors.
- Review new procedures, manuals, and system enhancements.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Minimum 4-5 years’ work experience in Accounting or Finance.
- Undergraduate degree in accounting, finance, business administration, or equivalent CPA (K).
- Proficiency in Tally, Sage, SAP.
- Ability and drive to work independently, solution-oriented.
- Ability to determine work priorities, make decisions and take appropriate actions.
- Ability to meet schedules and deadlines of the work area.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Experience working in the big 6 will be an added advantage.
Please click on the tab below to apply: