Our client, a dynamic Micro-Finance Company based in Nairobi is seeking to recruit an Accountant. Reporting to the Finance Manager the Accountant will join finance department to assist in growing demands of the business. The ideal candidate Must have a minimum of 5 years’ corporate experiences working as a General accountant.
- Responsible for receipting and banking of Company Cheques.
- Responsible for Bank reconciliations.
- Responsible for making Cheque payments on approval by Financial Manager.
- Responsible for initiating online payment on approval by Financial Manager.
- Handle filling of NHIF / PAYE / NSSF/ WHT i.e. making of payments and returns delivery.
- Custodian of Head office petty cash & payments of Head office expenses.
- Responsible for branch petty cash analysis and reimbursements.
- Responsible monitoring secured lending debtors accounts and posting of necessary payments.
- Interact with suppliers to collect invoices.
- Participate in annual external audit.
- Relevant bachelor’s degree in accounting, Finance, Business administration.
- A minimum of 5 years’ corporate experiences working as a general accountant.
- CPA part 2 /ACCA part 2.
- Must have excellent analytical skills.
- Working knowledge of an ERP would be an advantage.
- Good understanding of Kenyan tax legislation.
- Experience with Microsoft Office including Excel.
- Uncompromising integrity and ethical standards.
- Entrepreneurial mind set with a creative problem-solving ability.
- Results oriented mind set.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
Please click on the tab below to apply;