Our client, a dynamic 2nd Hand Retail Trading Company based in Eastland’s is looking to recruit an Accountant. The successful candidate must be a CPA-K, excellent retail/manufacturing background with great knowledge in inventory control. He/she must have in-depth experience and understanding of QuickBooks and willing to work Monday to Saturday.
- Verify, allocate, post & reconcile accounts payable & receivable.
- Produce error-free accounting reports and present their results.
- Analyse financial information and summarize financial status.
- Spot errors and suggest ways to improve efficiency and spending.
- Provide technical support and advice on Management accountant.
- Review and recommend modifications to accounting systems and procedures.
- Manage accounting assistants and bookkeepers.
- Participate in financial standards setting and in forecast process.
- Provide input into department’s goal setting process.
- Prepare financial statements and produce budget according to schedule.
- Assist with tax audits and tax returns.
- Direct internal and external audits to ensure compliance.
- Plan assign and review staff’s work.
- Support month-end and year-end close process.
- Ensure compliance with GAAP principles.
- Must have a bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Must be a CPA -K.
- Thorough knowledge of basic accounting procedures.
- In-depth understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Awareness of business trends.
- Familiarity with financial accounting statements.
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process.
- Hands-on experience with accounting software packages, like QuickBooks.
- Advanced MS Excel skills including VLOOKUP’s and pivot tables.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Aptitude for numbers and quantitative skills.
- Must be willing to work Monday to Saturday.
- Must have the ability to work in a high-pressure environment.
- Must be comfortable working with a start-up organization.
Please click on the tab below to apply: