Our client, a dynamic and Multi-cultural Travel (Tour guide) company is looking to recruit an Accounts Assistant to assist in the overall day to day accounting responsibilities of the organization. The ideal candidate Must have at least 2 years’ working experience in the tourism industry. Female candidates are preferred.
• Post and process all journal entries to ensure all business transactions are recorded.
• Ensure monthly bank reconciliations are done.
• Ensure all expense advances and imprest accounts are properly reconciled on a monthly basis
• Review the cheque register and operating expense analysis on a daily basis.
• Review monthly VAT returns to the Kenya Revenue Authority.
• Review withholding VAT returns to the Kenya Revenue Authority.
• Updating accounts payable and perform reconciliations before processing and disbursing any payment.
• Ensure the Fixed Assets Register is updated, depreciation calculated, and all assets captured.
• Updating customer statements with invoices, credit note raised, and funds received.
• Raising tax invoices in QuickBooks.
• Assist the Accountant on any other financial related matters.
• Bachelors Degree (Finance or Accounting).
• At least CPA Part II
• At least two years working experience in the tourism industry.
• Knowledge in Accounting Software.
• Quick learner and able to work with minimum supervision.
• Proficiency in excel, word and outlook.
• Good communication skills.
Please click on the tab below to apply;