Summit Recruitment and Search Africa is a leading Recruitment and Executive Search agency head quartered in Kenya providing outstanding talent to a wide range of companies and NGOs in various business sectors across Africa.
Our client a distinguished and trusted leader in East Africa’s electric motor and rotating equipment repair industry is looking for a proactive Accountant (Receivables). The successful candidate will be responsible for managing all Accounts receivable. He/She will be responsible for preparing sundry receivables/ remittances and reconciliations of the same to their relevant statements and accounting system in order to meet various stipulated deadlines for payment runs.
- Maintain billing system and resolving collections by customer payment plans and payment history
- Generating invoices or enter data on invoices, ensure proper coding on documents and account
- Generate financial statements and reports detailing accounts receivables status
- Performing account reconciliations and verify the validity of account discrepancies
- Performing day to day financial transactions, including verifying, posting and recording receivable
- Maintaining accounts receivables files and records
- Generating monthly, quarterly, or annual financial statements and reports detailing paid
- Investigating and resolving any irregularities or enquiries
- Assisting in general financial management and analysis
- Preparation of cheques, posting of payments for suppliers and other regular expenses
- Raising local purchase orders and following up with the suppliers and ensuring their payments.
- Must have a relevant bachelor’s degree in finance, Accounting or Business Administration.
- Must have CPA II
- Must have a Minimum 3 years working in a similar role
- Well versed with Monthly statutory Filings – PAYE, VAT, NSSF, NHIF.
- Proficiency in QuickBooks Desktop accounting system, plus Microsoft office Suite (Word, excel, PowerPoint & Outlook)
- Proven accounting experience, preferably in Accounts Receivables
- Results oriented and ability to deliver within very strict deadlines
- Basic HR knowledge will be an added advantage.
- Well versed in Emerging taxation trends and new KRA Procedures.
- A good team player with excellent communication skills
- Can work under minimal supervision.
- High levels of personal discipline and ability to respect organizational authority structures.
Please click on the tab below to apply:
We endeavour to make contact with all of our applicants, but unfortunately, high volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us within two weeks your application has not been successful on this occasion. This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles so please keep an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your skills and experience.
*** Summit Recruitment & Search, as a policy, does not charge any fee as a pre-employment or post-employment requirement***