A diversified investment company is looking for an Accounting and Finance Trainee to be based in Nairobi Kenya. The ideal candidate is expected to be proactive, diligent and attentive to detail while taking on a wide range of tasks. He /She will be responsible of providing accounting and financial support for up to 10 companies. He/ She Must have at least 1-year experience in a similar role.
- Enter substantial numbers of transactions into QuickBooks.
- Assist in preparation and review of monthly management accounts.
- Prepare and make payments to suppliers.
- Perform monthly bank reconciliations and weekly petty cash checks.
- Provide support to internal and external auditors.
- Provide ongoing support to the staff in other regions.
- Prepare letters, minutes of meetings and other administrative documents.
- Cover for colleagues on leave.
- Any duties assigned to them.
- Must have basic accounting qualification (CPA 4 or Above) or a relevant bachelor ’s degree in Finance or Economics.
- 1-year experience in a similar or related role is an added advantage.
- Must be Computer literate.
- Must have the ability to work under pressure and prioritise.
- Must be of high integrity.
- Must be a good team player with excellent communication skills.
- Must be well organized and excellent management skills.
- Must be mature, responsible and well organized.
- Candidates who have attended recognized business schools e.g. Strathmore are encouraged to apply.
Please click on the tab below to apply;