Our client, a dynamic Group of Companies with operation across East Africa is looking to recruit an Agriculture Operation Director. The Company is involved in Agriculture, Renewable Turnkey Projects, Real- Estate and Hospitality. The successful candidate MUST have previous experience in the Tea sector. He/she will be required to come from a Tea Estate Operations background & willing to work in Southern Tanzania.
- Oversee the Company’s financial performance & steer the organisation to achieve high profitability.
- Ensure the business performance is focused on growth, profits and increasing shareholder return.
- Ensure the business operates within the Company’s goal & objectives.
- Driving the business to increase profits continuously.
- Assist executive management in setting goals that promote Company growth.
- Ensuring financial targets & all departments meet other agreed targets.
- Prepare budgets, schedules & other organisational reports as needed.
- Manage team workloads to meet goals & deadlines.
- Develop plans to increase efficacy & reduce cost.
- Manage stock and inventory.
- Oversee the manufacturing and processing functions.
- Works closely with other departments to promote factory optimisation.
- Identify improvements areas & plans & implements systems to boost Company effectiveness.
- Manage internal & external service suppliers.
- Keep employees motivated & organised appropriate training.
- Investigate stakeholder’s satisfaction & attend to any reported issue.
- Prior experience as an Operations Director or Manager in a Tea Factory set-up.
- Candidates coming from an Agribusiness background, e.g. Tea Production will have a distinct advantage.
- Must have a relevant bachelor’s degree.
- Must have a minimum of 10 years’ experience at Senior Management Level.
- Must have worked in an international / Global Organization.
- Knowledge of Safety, Quality and Cost Objectives.
- Excellent communication skills, i.e. verbal & written.
- Experience working in a Multi-cultural environment.
- Exceptional coaching skills.
- Ability to work in multiple teams.
Please click on the tab below to apply;