A Leading International Hotel Chain is looking for an experienced and hands-on Assistant F&B Manager for its property in Nairobi. The successful candidate will be responsible to coordinate the activities of the restaurant operation and staff, insure quality product and excellent service to the hotel guests and walk-in customers. He/she will need to create and maintain a unique guest experience whilst executing brand standards as well as build brand awareness of the hotel, drive business in innovative ways and brand within the local community.
- Interacts with the customers promoting the hotel facilities and service.
- Building guest relationships and creating returned customers.
- Conduct daily, Weekly and monthly meetings /training with the supervisors.
- To ensure all conference guests are welcomed, invoices are correct and function sheets are well understood and communicated to the team.
- Working with maintenance to ensure all equipment is maintained at maximum efficiency.
- Interview, train, supervise and discipline the F&B staff to achieve efficient operation of the department.
- Building a bank of casuals to support busy periods.
- Working with the HR office and local colleagues/universities to ensure internships are supported.
- Assist in developing and carrying out action plans for the hotel to be environmentally conscious.
- Ensure all day-to-day operational activities are planned and assigned accordingly to all senior team members.
- Working with the head chef to ensure regular specials are in place and buffet menus are adapted to clients’ needs and a minimum of four times a year.
- Responsible for the F&B store and controls equipment and breakages and provides weakly report to the Director of F&B.
- Degree in Hospitality management or a relevant field, a Masters would be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Excellent organisation skills and attention to detail and a sense of urgency.
- Ability to manage and prioritize challenging workloads.
- Strongly results oriented, ability to work independently and show initiative.
- Significant IT skills, Communication and interpersonal skills.
Please click on the tab below to apply;