Our client, owners of 2 Lodges outside Nairobi, is looking for a passionate and solution-driven Assistant Lodge Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible to build and maintain relationships with internal and external guests and ensure that all guests have an excellent experience during their stay at the lodges. He/she will also oversee all tourism departments, ensuring SOP’s are adhered to and conduct internal training when necessary. At least 5 years of experience in Hospitality is required in a 4 or 5-star environment.
- Ensure the smooth running of all lodge departments.
- Ensure the premises are in operative condition.
- Conduct regular operations team meeting with all the lodge staff.
- Ensure SOP implementation in all departments is adhered to.
- Do a random inspection of the rooms, stores etc. to check the cleanliness and stock level.
- Inspect all department for cleanliness, ambience, service readiness, staff grooming.
- Assess and review customer satisfaction and service recovery process.
- Identify staff learning needs and assist with training – particularly Health & Safety.
- Provide timely and feedback to all direct reports as and when required.
- Be available (while on duty) to resolve any urgent problems that may rise at the lodges.
- Resolve guest problems quickly, efficiently, and courteously.
- To arrange all time-off schedules to ensure the efficient running of the tourism properties.
- To assist the marketing and reservations teams with increasing local business, this will include meeting with local businesses and hotels in the area.
- Hotel Management degree/diploma from a reputable institution.
- Minimum 5 years of assistant manager experience in a Lodge/Camp.
- Very good computer skills – MS Office Suite.
- Excellent Communication and People skills.
- Hands-on and Problem solver.
- Leadership and Management skills.
- Be a good motivator.
- Driving license is a MUST.
Please click on the tab below to apply: