Our client, a High-end Lodge in Laikipia area, is seeking a passionate Assistant Lodge Manager to assist the Lodge Manager in managing the lodge and, by doing so, creating a profound guest experience, which is in line with the service, vision and creative concepts of the lodge. He/She will be responsible to monitor the hospitality service, maintenance, gardening and housekeeping standards within the lodge, providing administrative and operational support to the Lodge Manager. High Attention to detail is essential for this role!
- Management and training of the lodge staff in line with the required standards of excellence.
- Ensure ultimate guest relations in the lodge and that the “at home” personal attention levels are maintained.
- Maintain the highest standards of housekeeping and maintenance and ensure that style and design is not eroded.
- Effective financial management through the administration of orders and effective stock control.
- Effective communication and maintenance of lodge relations.
- Management of the night porters and front desk clerks.
- Administrative and operational support as required by the Lodge Manager.
- Responsible for ensuring that the morale of the lodge staff is kept at a high level.
- Ensure that staff are developed on an ongoing basis.
- A minimum of 4 year’s work experience – ideally 2 years as a trainee and in a well-recognized five star hotel or world class lodge, as an assistant manager.
- Exceptional Food and Beverage knowledge.
- Sound financial management ability.
- A hardworking, co-operative manner.
- High standards of service excellence and a passion for the industry.
- Very high Attention to detail.
- Exceptional English and a second language would be preferable.
- Good computer literacy.
- Excellent management ability and communication skills.
- A clear understanding of basic labour law and disciplinary procedures.
- A developmental approach to staff.
- Assertiveness, patience and good organizational skills.
- An awareness of developments within the food and lodge industries, as well as international trends in hospitality.
Please click on the tab below to apply;