Our Client, a developer of renewable power generation assets in East Africa is seeking to recruit an Assistant Project Manager who will be responsible for supporting the client team in achievement of financial close for the proposed solar PV project. He or she Must have over 3 years’ experience with a focus on infrastructure Development Projects and excellent background working with government stakeholders.
- Assist in managing project development plans and permitting budget forecast.
- Assist in contracting, managing and controlling external consultants.
- Manage all applications prepared internally for necessary permits.
- Keep the progress on the projects up-to-date.
- Promote the exchange of information between authorities and ensure the objectives are met.
- Liaison with the accounts team on budget expense allocation.
- Ensure that the Company keeps and maintains relationships with all stakeholders.
- Stay abreast of renewable energy trends in EAC.
- Maintain a strong company presence in key industry events.
- Provide regular project updates for investors or partners where necessary.
- Assist in market research to identify potential commercial and industrial clients for captive generation facility development.
- Assist in the development and delivery of proposals to clients for captive generation facility development.
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree in Economics or Legal.
- Excellent experience work in infrastructure development project.
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders.
- Proven track record of working with people, teams, and projects.
- Ability to liaise with different government stakeholder i.e. regulatory bodies and parastatal.
- Strong written and oral skills.
- Tenacious with a go-getter attitude.
- Proficient in office suit especially excel.
- Proven technical and negotiation skills.
- Familiarity with external communities.
Please click on the tab below to apply;