Summit Recruitment and Search Africa is a leading Recruitment and Executive Search agency head quartered in Kenya providing outstanding talent to a wide range of companies and NGOs in various business sectors across Africa.
Our client a leading distributor of audio-visual, surveillance and security equipment is looking for a Business Development Manager. The desired incumbent will be in charge of driving sustainable financial growth by boosting sales and forging strong relationships with Clients /System Integrators or Partners. He or she must have a minimum of 5 years of experience in the AV industry.
- Develop AV System integrators & also liaise with the current security integrators and increase the sales revenue according to sales target. Maintain the relationship among System integrators, Distributors and the client.
- Create product awareness periodically to ensure that System integrators and customers are completely aware of the benefits, quality and usability of our products.
- Fully aware of the Commercial display market and the go-to-market strategies of the competitors in the display business and accordingly devise plans and strategies to penetrate the market.
- Develop vertical accounts such as Government, Police, Banks, Energy, etc., specify client’s name in their preferred Vendor list and close the deal.
- Closely work with the consultants and specify client’s names in their preferred Vendor List (PVL) for their ongoing & future projects.
- Locate and propose potential business deals by contacting potential partners and System Integrators (SIs)
- Close new business deals by coordinating requirements; developing and negotiating contracts; integrating contract requirements within business operations.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications specific to our industry and maintaining personal networks to keep abreast with the latest technologies.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering- Electric major preferred.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in sales driven position in the AV industry and familiarity with the project market.
- Organized, highly motivated team worker with the ability to drive complex projects from concept to fully operational status.
- Consistent performer in all the organizations including the present one.
- Need Solid network with System Integrators (SIs) and an established presence within the end-user network.
- Should have Strong selling skills, ability to listen and tailor-make presentations to meet customer needs.
- Excellent communication skills in English, both verbal and written with the ability to manage change.
- Persistent and pro-active
- Ability to effectively motivate a team and drive sales in a time-sensitive environment
- Competitive to achieve his targets.
- Strong public speaking skills, multi-tasking and time management skills
Please click on the tab below to apply:
We endeavour to make contact with all of our applicants, but unfortunately, high volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us within two weeks your application has not been successful on this occasion. This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles so please keep an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your skills and experience.
*** Summit Recruitment & Search, as a policy, does not charge any fee as a pre-employment or post-employment requirement***