Our client, a high-end camp in the Mara is seeking to hire a camp site driver. The candidate will be in charge of driving guests to the hotel upon arrival, departure and other destinations. The successful candidate must be presentable, professional and flexible. The ideal candidate MUST have a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record. Must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience working as a driver for a hotel. Should be able to drive on a 4 x 4 terrain and demonstrate safe driving practices.
- Practice safe driving habits.
- Accurately follow routes, maps, and directions.
- Report daily to management.
- Load cargo and pick up passengers.
- Keep exterior and interior of vehicle clean and presentable.
- Load and unload vehicle.
- Complete documentation such as logs, mileage, or cargo reports.
- Follow schedules and rerouting in a timely manner.
- Transport the hotel’s guests upon arrival, departure and any other driving-related duties and responsibility.
- Assist other departments in their transportation requirements.
- Assist guests in safari drives and liase with the safari guide.
- Fluent in English and Kiswahili.
- Able to drive on a 4 x 4 terrain.
- Demonstrate safe driving practices.
- Able to follow verbal directions, read maps, follow GPS.
- Able to report any problems to management.
- Reliable and punctual with dedicated professionalism to job and duties.
- Able to adapt to changing schedules or routines.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Organized and able to follow a schedule.
- Positive attitude and professional demeanor.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Must be able to pass criminal background check.
- Physically able to lift and carry object up from 30 to 50 pounds.
- Physically able to reach, stretch, bend, and sit for long periods of time during daily routine.
- Previous professional experience driving.
- Able to work night, weekends, and holidays as needed.
Please click on the tab below to apply: