Our client, an International Boarding School outside Nairobi, is looking for an experienced Catering Manager. The candidate will be directly responsible for the production, preparation and quality of all food services for the Boarding School. He/she will provide meals that are nutritious and comply with the special dietary requirements of pupils and staff as well as produce and present food in conjunction with the kitchen team, keeping abreast of the current trends and wherever possible exceeding the School’s expectations. The successful candidate MUST have relevant experience in the catering sector in a similar capacity. This is a live-in position.
- Ensure the efficient and smooth running of the kitchen and manage the day-to-day activities of the kitchen team.
- Prepare and distribute duty rosters for staff teams, taking into account planned activities and staff absence.
- Work with the Bursar and HR Manager to advise on training, development of staff and staff requirements.
- Monitor performance within the department and participate in annual appraisal process in liaison with the HR Manager.
- Manage and control daily food costs to ensure that food production is achieved within budgetary limits on the production of all dishes including limiting wastage and losses.
- Work with the Finance and Procurement Manager on the appointment of food suppliers, source and purchase of all food and kitchen supplies
- Work in conjunction with Finance & Procurement Manager to negotiate best prices on all supplier contracts.
- Check deliveries ensuring that faulty items are returned, missing items are logged and relevant paperwork is received and processed.
- Ensure that an effective stock rotation procedure is adhered to at all times and assist in the monthly stock take with the Finance & Procurement department.
- Produce a monthly kitchen report regarding equipment, staff, as well as costing for the month.
- Ensure compliance with all food hygiene regulations are adhered to within the kitchen environment in accordance with Health & Safety regulations.
- Ensure that high levels of service are maintained at all times and to constantly improve the food range and introduce new lines, ensuring that quality is not compromised.
- Assist in the annual review of Health & Safety and hazard risk assessment.
- Minimum education of Bachelor’s degree in Hotel Management or relevant discipline.
- Minimum of 5 years Catering experience in a similar capacity.
- Good knowledge in the principles and practices within the F&B Hospitality profession.
- Knowledge of budgeting, cost control, forecasting, menu costing and portion control.
- Experience or knowledge of nutrition an advantage.
- Excellent English communication skills both in written and spoken.
- Very good leadership skills with a proven track record.
- Computer literate.
- Possess professional disposition with excellent interpersonal skills.
Please click on the tab below to apply;