Our client, a leading global Paint Manufacturing Company is seeking to recruit a Chief Accountant who will be responsible for managing Financial Activities within the Organization. The ideal candidate must have experience working in the Manufacturing sector.
- Managing the accounting software and making sure data entry and posting is correctly done.
- Responsible for Monthly management report generation and making sure reports are received by management in time.
- Analyzing variances in management accounts.
- Manage payroll and associated statutory deductions to ensure full and timely compliance with all governmental obligations
- Ensure accurate costing of all imported raw materials and finished goods in compliance with international financial reporting standards (IFRS).
- Effective supervision of stock takes exercises, ensuring accurate valuation and reporting to the management for action on any unexplained variances.
- Carry out internal audit engagement and design appropriate audit tests. Including designing and implementing tailor-made audit work programs for specialized works and finalization of audit reports.
- Preparation of Draft financial statement and audit file, for statutory audits and liaising with external auditors to ensure timely finalization of the annual statutory audits
- Liaising with Government tax auditor while conducting a tax audit to ensure finalization and compliance.
- Working with the procurement department and making sure all procurement procedures are followed before any payment is done for services received.
- Reviewing and checking cheque requisition payments by ensuring timely posting of all supplier invoices, payments and reconciliation of supplier’s statements with the creditor ledger
- Maintaining the Fixed Asset register.
- Checking and ensuring cutoff periods are observed by opening and closing the posting periods.
- Managing bank reconciliations and availing reconciled bank statements to the Head of Finance and administration for verification every Month.
- Reconciling all the control accounts and making sure a monthly trial balance and income and expenditure statement per program is generated in time every month.
- Timely preparation of annual company budgets for presentation to the Head of Finance and administration.
- Relevant degree in Finance or Accounting.
- Must be a CPA (K) or ACCA Finalist
- Must have prior experience in the Automotive sector.
- Must have SAP software knowledge
- Extensive relationship management skills in both public and private settings.
- Good interpersonal & communication skills, including intercultural communication
- Stress management and the ability to multitask
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- A good team player
- Self-motivated, pro-active and result-driven
- Being an open and reliable person with high integrity
Please click on the tab below to apply: