Summit Recruitment and Search Africa is a leading Recruitment and Executive Search agency head quartered in Kenya providing outstanding talent to a wide range of companies and NGO’s in various business sectors across Africa.
Our client the leading footwear company in Kenya with a widespread network of over 150 stores is looking for Chief Engineer. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing all situations and aspects of the Engineering Department to ensure that the production units, achieve their goals and set targets with the least number of interruptions or down time and have minimum of bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering with 15 Years of experience with at least 5 years as a Chief Engineer in a Manufacturing Set-up.
- Overseeing, advising, planning, coordinating, controlling, and directing all Engineering and maintenance functions.
- Ensure maximum plant, equipment, building and services/utilities availability, reliability, and efficiency for optimum production.
- Develop and coordinate focused and effective maintenance team.
- Budgeting, budgetary control and preparation of estimates/costing.
- Identify and formulate safe operating procedures and instructions of Plant & Equipment.
- Diagnosis of faults interactive systems and interpretation of legislation and Act relating to factories and immediately pay attention to breakdown or malfunctioning of machines
- Establish and coordinate the plant & equipment utilization tracking database
- Recommend purchase of essential spares – establish minimum/maximum levels of spares, and see to their correct storage, handling, and control.
- Ensure that all safety gadgets on machines are maintained and checked regularly.
- Assist Production to repair or clear any problem or obstacle to meet the frozen production outputs and recommend solutions to achieve greater productivity and efficiency.
- Observe consumption of electricity and steam. Recommend solution to preserve powers and steam consumption.
- Provide Records on Furnace oil and electric consumption on a weekly basis.
- Check Ph value of the water – used in the Estate and Factory and keep records.
- Maintain machine and equipment inventories and sign monthly returns on the spare part stock.
- Prepare a reasonable Budget and work to agreed financial estimates.
- Advise employees on the use of personal protective equipment i.e. masks, goggles etc. and enforce the use of the same.
- Ensure that all operations in your workshop/factory are carried out in a healthy and safe environment and all recommendations are fully implemented and complied with.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering with adequate knowledge in Electrical Engineering
- Master’s Degree will be an added advantage
- 15 Years with at least 5 years as a Chief Engineer in a Manufacturing Set-up
- A sound understanding of Engineering Principles
- Excellent planning and project management skills
- Knowledge of online marketing and excellent understanding of major marketing channels and trends
Please click on the tab below to apply: