Our client, a fast-growing retail chain of supermarkets is seeking to recruit a CFO. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing and implementing the company’s finance strategy, policies and processes. He/she will also lead the finance team, supports fundraising, conducts financial analysis, manages external relations and provides accurate, timely dashboards to all stakeholders. The ideal Must have prior experience in the Retail Sector at a CFO level.
• Assist in formulating the company’s growth strategy and supporting related tactical initiatives
• Monitor and direct the implementation of strategic business plans
• Develop financial and tax strategies
• Build and present the 5-year business model and annual budget
• Develop performance measures that support the company’s strategic direction and financial objectives
• Participate in key decisions as a member of the executive management team
• Advise members of the management team on commercial matters with suppliers and customers
• Oversee the financial operations of the retail branches and stores
• Oversee the company’s transaction processing systems including oversight of daily banking reconciliation in a retail environment
• Implement operational best practices and internal controls
• Design dash boards that meet the needs of stakeholders
• Produce timely and accurate financial reports
• Oversee the issuance of financial information and annual audit
• Present financial results to the executive team and the supervisory board on a monthly and quarterly basis
• Maintain relationships with local and international lenders
• Represent the company with investment advisers and investors
• Ensure that the regulatory requirements of all statutory bodies are met
• Relevant Bachelor’s Degree
• Must be a CPA (K) or ACCA Finalist
• MBA qualification is preferred.
• Must have a minimum of 12 years of experience in Finance working for a major company or division of a large corporation.
• Must have previous experience in a CFO role.
• Must have experience with implementation of ERP systems in retail environments.
• Must have experience in the retail industry.
• Hands-on executive with strong communication skills.
Please click on the tab below to apply;