Our Client, a leading agricultural service Company with a Sub-Saharan reach based near Nairobi, is looking to recruit a Chief Operations Officer. The successful candidate will be responsible for driving the growth agenda, by building a vibrant company culture and leading the Senior Management Team (SMT) to effectively manage resources with a focus on the realization of key strategic objectives of the company. The ideal candidate must have a track record of delivering substantial regional revenue growth within a related agribusiness organization.
- Working closely with the senior management team to develop strategic plans.
- Assist the CEO in developing the strategic plan by assessing the business environment.
- In liaison with the MD, develop the short-term and the long-term strategic plans for the company.
- Cascade the company’s strategic objectives to the senior management team.
- Ensure the departmental objectives are in line with the company’s objectives for organizational success.
- Develop high-level performance metrics linked to the company strategic objectives.
- Translate strategy into actionable goals for performance and growth helping to implement organization-wide goal setting, performance management, and annual operating planning.
- Manage capital investment and expenses to ensure the company achieves set targets relative to growth and profitability.
- Support the CEO in the grow the group business plans to deliver quality laboratory testing & advisory services to all segments within the agricultural, environmental and food safety sectors across Africa.
- Lead the SMT to achieve company objectives and key results (OKRs).
- Successful roll-out of Zambia and Nigeria subsidiary operations.
- Developing strategies that will help in Reaching Group Sales Targets.
- Work with the CEO to determine the Company Mission, Vision and Core Values of the organization and ensure they are in tandem with the organizational culture.
- Ensure business legal and regulatory requirements are complied to.
- Strong background in Business Administration, MBA is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in a Business Course or related field.
- 10+ years’ experience in management, operations, and leadership in a large corporate organization.
- Experience in growing the business.
- Strong Organizational Skills, Strong Coaching & Performance Management Skills.
- Strong Teamwork & Communication Skills.
- Quality Management and Process Improvement.
- Advanced Problem-Solving Capabilities.
- Excellent Financial, Planning and Strategy skills.
- Detail-Oriented, Negotiating Talent, Superb with Deadlines.
Please click on the tab below to apply: