Our client is a leading Horticulture Company with 6 Farms across Kenya and 2 in Ethiopia. They export all their products to Europe. They are currently seeking to recruit a Chief Operations Officer to be based in their Nanyuki office managing all their farms across Kenya and Ethiopia. Reporting to the CEO, the successful candidate will also be responsible for promoting the vision and knows how to translate the supporting strategy into concrete year plans that provide structure to the daily operations. The ideal candidate must have experience in the Agriculture Sector and Must be well organized and understand structure and processes.
- Responsible for the operational management, the results and the return of the African organisation with diverse independent business units.
- Ensures integral management of the management team. Divides responsibilities. Determines the objectives that must be achieved together.
- Researches important changes and their consequences for the structure and quality of the African organization.
- Responsible for the team formation and the cooperation within the farm management team and executive management team.
- Responsible for the risk management of investments and participations.
- Must have a relevant bachelor’s degree.
- Must have experience in the Agriculture Sector.
- Must have the ability to unify people, be approachable, transparent communication, decisiveness and market orientation.
- Must embrace the principles of Kaizen and understands the importance of this methodology for improvement of productivity and development of people, teams and company.
- Knows how to merge the farm managers into a team by making decisions together with them and by doing so creating common ground on direction and implementation.
Please click on the tab below to apply: