Our client, a leader in the agricultural sector in Africa that focus on serving the agricultural sector with mechanical and chemical products is looking to recruit a Clearing and Logistics Officer to be based in Nairobi. The successful candidate must have at least 4 years of experience in customs clearance & import/export documentation.
• Audit the documents & email sent from purchase department in Lebanon in order to proceed with clearing process.
• Issue insurance policy that covers the transportation of the shipment from the port to the warehouse.
• Request the shipment documents from the head office for confirmation.
• Prepare duty letter and authority letter in order to be sent to the bank.
• Submit the shipment documents in addition to the clearing agent, after confirming the clearing agent that will handle the process.
• Request the duty payment from the clearing agent after the berthing of the shipment.
• Update the shipping report on daily basis.
• Follow up with a clearing agent on the process, and make sure it does not exceed the free days to prevent demurrage.
• Must have a bachelor’s degree in clearing & forwarding from a recognized institution.
• Must have at least 4 years’ work experience in clearing.
• Excellent coordination skills.
• Proven knowledge in customs clearance & import/export documentation.
• Excellent communicator (written and verbal) on all levels.
• Must be attentive to detail.
Please click on the tab below to apply;