Our client, a multispecialty Hospital in Kenya offering patient-focused, world-class medical treatment and accord the highest standards of medical is looking to recruit a Clinical Pathologist. The successful candidate will be in charge for overseeing, supervising, and administrating all laboratory activities, in accordance to established hospital and department policies and standards. He/she will be in charge of complying with all criteria mandated by appropriate accrediting and licensing agencies. The ideal candidate MUST have 4 years training in Clinical Pathology Management course and over 2 years’ experience as a practicing clinical pathologist.
- Plans, organizes, and directs department/program activities.
- Develops goals and objectives, establishes and implements policies and procedures for department/program operation.
- Introduces and demonstrates new procedures, programs, and equipment to the staff.
- Oversees the selection, training/orientation, and assignment of the staff.
- Develops and recommends department operating budget and ensures that the department operates within allocated funds.
- Responsible for the department’s operational excellence and ensures that the department delivers quality services in accordance with applicable policies, procedures, and professional standards.
- Responsible for the fiscal management of the department and ensures the proper utilization of organization’s financial resources.
- Effectively communicates departmental, organizational, and industrial information to staff.
- Attends all required safety training programs and can describe his or her responsibilities related to general safety, department/service safety, and specific job-related hazards.
- Follows the hospital exposure control plans/bloodborne and airborne pathogens.
- Promotes effective working relations and works effectively as part of a department/unit team inter and intra-departmentally to facilitate the department’s/unit’s ability to meet its goals and objectives.
- Coordinates departmental/program functions with other hospital departments and promotes good department/program public relations.
- Encourages professional development of department personnel through in-service education and outside conferences.
- Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery.
- Master of Medicine in Clinical Pathology.
- Registration by the Kenya Medical Laboratory Technicians and Technologists Board (KMLTTB)
- MUST have at least 4 years training in Clinical Pathology Management course and over 2 years’ experience as a practicing clinical pathologist.
- Business savvy.
- Demonstrate ability to transmit knowledge, skills through patient education.
- Demonstrable leadership skills.
- Sound decision-making and problem-solving skills.
Please click on the tab below to apply: