Our client, a well-established international plantation group with interests in Kenya, Tanzania and the Far East is looking to recruit a dynamic Commercial Finance Manager/Director for its Tanzanian business. The successful candidate will be based in Tanga, Tanzania and will oversee the entire accounting, finance, banking and cash management function as well as shipping, exports, compliance and general administration. He/she should ideally have experience working in Eastern Africa with some hands – on experience in a manufacturing or agricultural business.
- Oversee the timely preparation of Company’s monthly and annual accounts.
- Monitor cash flow, purchasing, creditors, and other financial transactions.
- Supervise accounts department, shipping and exports department and other employees in the facilitation of day-to-day operations, including tracking financial data, invoicing, payroll and credit control.
- Responsible not only for internal processes and interfaces but also for tax and other compliance.
- Liaise with and support operational estate-based management as well as Group Head Office.
- Advanced competence in accounting, business, finance, or a related field.
- Qualified member of an accountancy body or holder of some relevant qualification.
- At least 5 to 10 years of experience in management with a credible organization.
- Must have a background in Finance, Agriculture, Manufacturing or Agri-business.
- Computer literate and highly numerate.
- Leadership and team management skills.
- High levels of integrity and honesty with a commitment to good governance.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Thorough understanding of business principles and practices, with commercial acumen.
- Superior attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills.
- Problem-solving skills, research analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to handle high levels of pressure and critical decision making.
Please click on the tab below to apply;