Our client, an agricultural company in Kenya, is looking for a driven and dynamic Commercial Manager for its offices in Nairobi. The successful candidate will be responsibility for the sales and marketing as well as ensuring the smooth functioning of the business at farm management level, including cost analysis, predictions and finance. Product development oversight, new market opportunity identification, customer satisfaction and marketing operations management also fall within this role.
- Oversee all event management.
- Drive marketing opportunities in new markets.
- Negotiate contracts and close agreements to maximize profit.
- Ensure the timely and successful delivery of product according to customer needs.
- Communicate progress of monthly/quarterly initiatives to internal & external stakeholders.
- Develop new business with existing clients and identify areas of improvement to exceed sales quotas.
- Ensure debtors are well maintained and any discrepancies are dealt with.
- Making periodic visits to the farms to explore specific needs & anticipating new opportunities.
- Co-ordinate customer visits to Kenya and also overseas visits.
- Sign off all customer invoices (covered by Sales Director when absent).
- To manage the Head Office Sales Team in terms of the day to day objectives.
- To manage the critical process of reviewing and signing off claims.
- Manage rejections and disputes.
- Following up payments to ensure that payment is made in good time and credit limits are met.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant subject, Masters preferred.
- Solid experience of the fresh produce industry.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Decisive and competent negotiator.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Strong organizational, analytical and communication skills.
- Willingness to travel.
Please click on the tab below to apply;