Our Client a floriculture Company based in Nairobi with Rose farms within and in the outcast of Nairobi is seeking to recruit a Commercial Manager. The successful candidates will manage a portfolio of existing clients in Europe and Asia and seek new clients in existing and new Market. The ideal candidate Must have experience working in a Floriculture Company (Roses) selling to the
• Manage a portfolio of existing client accounts ensuring a minimum order is achieved week on week
• Seek out new clients and form strong working relationships
• Identify valuable emerging markets and target clients in these markets
• Serve as a business representative at major industry events, conferences, trade shows, and expositions
• Accurately forecast future sales and create sales plans to adapt to constant shifts in the marketplace
• Undertake continuous analysis of competitive environment and consumer trends
• Maintain sales volume, product mix, and selling price by keeping current with supply and demand, changing trends, economic indicators, and competitors.
• Establish and adjust selling prices by monitoring costs, competition, and supply and demand.
• Visit out-growers in Kenya to build relationships for outsourced cut flowers required
• Work in partnership with the production department on weekly production for each season to inform clients on the same for their order planning and up-selling
• Daily up-selling to existing clients to ensure all cut flowers are sold with minimal discard waste on a weekly basis
• Monitor trends that indicate the need for new products and services and communicating the same to the relevant departments (production and post-Harvest)
• Anaylse aged debtors on a weekly basis and follow up accounts team and clients on the same
• Relevant Bachelor’s Degree.
• Must have experience working in a Floriculture Company (Roses) selling to the International Markets
• Must have over 5 years sales experience in Cut Flowers notably Roses
• Strong business acumen and market knowledge (Cut flowers)
• Highly motivated and with good attitude to achieve positive results
• An appetite for securing deals with clients in new markets
• Excellent communication and ‘people skills’ notably over the phone for selling
• Proven track record in achieving sales targets and objectives
• First class negotiating and presentation skills
• Must be willing to travel.
• Ability to work calmly under pressure
• Experience in compiling and analyzing sales and production figures
• Excel / word and Power point
Please click on the tab below to apply;