Our client an NGO that combats gender inequality and extreme poverty in urban slums is looking for a Communications Officer for their offices in Kibera. The ideal candidate will be responsible for managing and implementing all communications activities related to building relationships with their key constituencies, most notably funders. The ability to communicate effectively in written and oral communications is a MUST!
- Responsible for all communications, website, social and public relations messages and collateral to consistently articulate and promote company’s mission.
- Develop, implement, and evaluate the annual communications plan across multiple target audiences.
- Lead the generation of online content that engages audience segments and leads to measurable action.
- Coordinate website maintenance ensure that new and consistent information is posted regularly and is optimized for fundraising purposes.
- Prepare and submit periodic production reports, periodic updates and plans to the management.
- In partnership with Executive Office, draft content for public engagements, press releases and Board of Directors.
- Manage a Graphic Designer and Photographer to support production of internal and external communications materials.
- Develop and manage media contacts in Kenya.
- Bachelor Degree in Communication, PR or related studies.
- At least 5 years relevant experience in communication field.
- Must have qualifications in WordPress, InDesign, Mailchimp, Classy.org etc
- Self-starter, able to work independently, entrepreneurial; enjoys creating and implementing new initiatives.
- Experience developing and implementing communications strategies.
- Excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills.
- A strong track record as an implementer who thrives in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
Please click on the tab below to apply;