Our client, and International NGO focusing on reproduction, is looking for a Country Director to be based Nairobi. The Country Director, Kenya is responsible for delivering results for women and their families, driving programmatic excellence, and implementing best practice at scale in Kenya.
The Country Director, Kenya is a key leadership position and represents the organisation in Kenya and is responsible for the overall strategy, management (programmatic, financial, and administrative), and development of Kenya’s national family planning and programmes. He/She will lead skilled, professional country teams to deliver life-saving services through clinical centres, mobile outreach teams, social franchising, and social marketing. We are looking for a passionate individual that strives to consistently meet and exceed expectations, putting the clients at the centre of everything, and ensuring high quality delivering, high impact services that meet the inidividual needs. He/She will act as a true Ambassador.
- Drive innovation and effectiveness through the cost-efficient management of the short, medium- and long-term plans.
- Instill a positive management culture and social business approach across the Kenya team, constantly seeking feedback and continual improvement.
- Serve as a secretary for Kenya Board of Trustees quarterly meetings and extraordinary sessions as required.
- Lead country programme subsequent strategic and annual business planning processes.
- Plan and implement strategies for delivering sustainable growth.
- Deliver a robust business model ensuring the on-going growth of healthy income streams.
- Build and maintain strong partnerships with the country programme Board, government, health professionals, businesses, peer agencies and the health community at large.
- Ensure the development of strong new business proposals in collaboration with the UK based Programme Design and Development team, donor teams and the Regional Support Team.
- Ensure robust systems and processes are in place, such as strong compliance with the organization’s service data validation principles and minimum standards, to support operations, drive productivity and deliver results.
- Ensure clinical quality of care is always maintained; supports quality assurance processes and lead Medical Advisory Team meetings for continuous clinical quality improvement.
- Manage risk and ensure complete donor contractual compliance at every stage of the project cycle and ensure all project management staff are trained on and follow the organization’s Project Cycle Management toolkit.
- Ensure revenue growth and optimising earned income from the country programme centre and social marketing channels.
- Ensure strong financial management and robust internal controls are in place and that the programme adheres to local statutory obligations and international development donor requirements.
- Actively participate in regional and international meetings of the Global Partnership.
- Bachelors degree in related field.
- At least 10 years of proven experience of driving impact, quality and sustainability in programmes and improving operational standards.
- Effective interpersonal skills – with the ability to lead, motivate and guide Country Programmes.
- Excellent communications skills – proven ability to effectively communicate ideas, proposals, issues and implications at senior level.
- Excellent project management skills – related to organisational development projects and international, cross- functional teams with a proven history of delivering results.
- Highly developed problem solving, diplomatic, networking and negotiation skills.
- Highly motivated with the ability to motivate and develop the skills of the team and inspire individuals and teams through situational leadership and by providing clear direction.
- Ability to influence key stakeholders at all levels both internally and externally within the organisation.
- A commercial mind-set, understanding the levers for profitability for success within the marketplace. Focuses on results, ensuring long term sustainability and increased impact.
- Aware of the emerging developments within the sector, with the ability to focus and articulate a vision of the future which inspires and excites others.
- Highest levels of integrity, and a strong ethical sense.
- Knowledge and experience of the region.
- Ability to travel throughout Africa and internationally to represent the cluster both internally.
Please click on the tab below to apply: