A leading Horticulture Company with over 6 farms in Kenya that exports its products to Europe is seeking to recruit a Country Financial Controller. The successful candidate will be a Senior Manager responsible for maximizing the group shareholder value through management and oversight of the Kenya Finance function. Reporting to the Group CFO, the ideal candidate Must be willing to relocate to Nanyuki.
- Direct and oversee all aspects of the Finance function of the Kenyan operating entities.
- Responsible for Monthly accounts closing and preparation of Monthly Management accounts for each farm and consolidated Management accounts for the of the Kenyan entities. Providing variance analysis of the same
- Responsible for preparation and review of Monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Responsible for preparation of Annual budgets for each farm and consolidated budgets for the Kenyan operations
- Management of the Annual audit process for all three companies
- Maintenance of the company Fixed Asset Register.
- Preparation on an annual basis of Long-Range forecast plans for the Kenyan operations
- Manage and supervise a team of accountants and account support staff
- Manage the internal audit process with relevant Partners
- Oversight of the stores and inventory functions on all farms
- Management and oversight of the group data and accounting software – Overall responsibility for the Kenya ERP system management
- Management and oversight of Kenyan entities working and investment capital. Overall responsibility for allocation and management of Cash flow at the Kenyan level
- Management of suppliers (Procurement) and Accounts payable function.
- Develop financial and tax strategies, together with performance measures and monitoring systems that support the groups strategic direction
- Ensure that effective internal controls are in place across the group and ensure compliance with IFRS and all applicable laws and rules for financial and tax reporting.
- Manage all group external stakeholders with assistance from Group CFO. i.e Auditors, Tax regulators, Banking Partners, Suppliers, Customers, KRA
- Relevant Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance from a reputable institution
- Must be a CPA (K) or ACCA Finalist
- Must have 5-7 years’ financial management experience.
- Must have exposure to ERP conversions/adoptions or implementations
- Strong leadership skills and ability to work at both strategic and tactical levels
- Ability to manage a team of 10 staffs
- Knowledge of relevant accounting standards and tax regulations.
- Working Capital and investment capital management – Cash flow management.
- Financial Modelling Skills
- Strong Analytical ability in preparation and review of Financial statements
- Ability to identify, implement and maintain a sound system of internal control and risk management in relation to financial reporting and to report to those charged with governance.
Please click on the tab below to apply: