Our client, in the logistic sector is seeking to recruit a Data Analyst to be based in Nairobi Kenya. The successful candidate will be responsible for collecting and storing data on sales numbers, market research, logistics, linguistics, or other behaviors. He/she will also provide technical expertise to ensure quality and accuracy of that data, then process, design, and present it in ways to help management and the businesses to make better decisions. The ideal candidate Must have at least 5 years working experience in a similar role.
- Managing master data, including creation, updates, and deletion.
- Managing users and user roles.
- Provide quality assurance of imported data, working with quality assurance analysts if necessary.
- Commissioning and decommissioning of data sets.
- Processing confidential data and information according to guidelines.
- Develop reports and analysis.
- Managing and designing the reporting environment, including data sources, security, and metadata.
- Supporting the data warehouse in identifying and revising reporting requirements.
- Supporting initiatives for data integrity and normalization.
- Assessing tests and implementing new or upgraded software and assisting with strategic decisions on new systems.
- Generating reports from single or multiple systems.
- Troubleshooting the reporting database environment and reports.
- Evaluating changes and updates to source production systems.
- Training end-users on new reports and dashboards.
- Providing technical expertise in data storage structures, data mining, and data cleansing.
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree.
- Should have a minimum of 5 years working experience as a data analyst.
- Should have demonstrated experience in handling large data sets and relational databases.
- Demonstrated ability to work with stakeholders to assess potential risks.
- Should have the ability to analyze existing tools and databases and provide software solution recommendations.
- Should demonstrate high-level experience in methodologies and processes for managing large-scale databases.
- Demonstrated experience in handling large data sets and relational databases.
- Should demonstrate understanding of metadata standards.
- High-level written and verbal communication skills
- Should be organized, accurate and detail oriented.
- Should be flexible and able to respond to change.
Please click on the tab below to apply: