Our client, the fastest growing aquaculture looking to scale from a start-up to a more structured entity and one of the largest tilapia producers in East Africa is looking to recruit a Data Analytics and Innovation Director . The successful candidate will be responsible for developing the Technology strategy to drive technology adoption throughout the business. This will include designing the software strategy and deployment but also hardware infrastructure. The ideal candidate MUST have a minimum of 8 years’ experience with a blend of operational IT management as well as experience in data analytics and data science.
- Partner with directors and c-suite to draft and implement technology roadmap for the next 5 years of the company’s growth.
- Ensure security of data and information through rigorous security set up and testing.
- Collaborate with stakeholders across the organization to solve the biggest tech challenges.
- Design and build a data lake aggregating all of the organization’s data into a coherent structure that will ease access, manipulation, and reporting.
- Building a strong data analytics team that can use advanced analytics (ML, AI, regressions, etc.) to generate relevant business insights for the entire business.
- Manage the Internal reporting team ensuring design and automation of all standard reports relying on previously build data and data teams.
- Design and deploy IoT solutions that will enhance data collection across the operations and integrate into different tools to eradicate pen/paper data capturing.
- Manage an ERP deployment, from needs analysis, tool selection to implementation.
- A Master’s Degree in CS, Information Technology, Systems design and thinking or other relevant degree.
- Must have a minimum of 7+ years of experience with a blend of operational IT management as well as experience in data analytics and data science.
- Past work designing and driving implantation of innovative solutions.
- Experience in end-to-end ERP deployment.
- Good understanding of knowledge in information technology in industrial environments.
- Ability to thrive working collaboratively with senior colleagues, solving problems independently, and in a fast-paced environment.
- Must possess a strong work ethic, ability to work in teams, intellectual curiosity, and ability to structure and solve problems.
Please click on the tab below to apply: