Our client in the Horticulture Sector with an aim to enhancing market access of the Kenya Flowers is seeking to recruit a Data and Standards Manager who will oversee a company’s various data systems and maintain and promote the company-owned certification standards, locally and internationally. The successful candidate will be responsible for organizing, storing and analyzing data as efficiently as possible, while always upholding agreed-upon security standard. The ideal candidate Must be strong in analytic and excellent in making presentations to large diverse audiences.
- Responsible for maintaining, interpreting and developing the Company-owned certification standards and protocols in order to ensure the highest levels of credibility, relevance and performance, and to support Company members to perform more sustainably.
- Proactively promote the Company-owned Standards at local and international levels.
- Promote a culture of good practice among producer members by supporting training on the adherence of policies and procedures, code of conduct and/or agreements.
- Coordinate internal compliance reviews and monitoring activities, including periodic reviews.
- Work closely with auditors and other partners to improve the standards.
- Assess data needs of members, partners and other stakeholders and recommend appropriate action.
- Assist colleagues to convert data into usable information needed by the industry, retrieve reports or data sets, without risking any data loss.
- Ensure that the company’s data is stored, managed and analyzed correctly.
- Ensure that company’s data systems are secured and protected from potential breaches or malicious attackers.
- Create policies and review each of company’s pre-existing data management policies to ensure that they are up to date and effective.
- Evaluate adequacy of existing data tools. Implements new technologies in information management to ensure that tools developed for efficient access to information are accessible to staff throughout the Organization.
- Develop innovative methods and techniques for analyzing and presenting data to relevant stakeholders.
- Research, analyses and evaluate new applications of information technology and makes recommendations for their deployment.
- Work with Company’s teams to support the management of infrastructure systems (i.e., membership database, online community, website, social media, etc.)
- Collaborate with fellow staff members to discuss any data problems that may arise and develop potential solutions.
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree.
- Must have at least 5 years’ experience in Data Management.
- Strong leadership and analytical skills, with ability to multi-task.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills.
- Highly developed social skills and ability to listen as well as communicate in different environments ranging from producers to high-level government and international institutions.
- Understanding of agricultural commodity markets and value chains will be an added advantage.
- Advanced computer skills in Word, PowerPoint and Excel (including v-lookups, pivot tables).
- Detail-orientated and able to identify alternative solutions.
- Ability to interact with people of all ages and culture in the formal setting.
- Ability to work independently, as part of a team and work flexible hours.
Please click on the tab below to apply;