Summit Recruitment and Search Africa is a leading Recruitment and Executive Search agency head quartered in Kenya providing outstanding talent to a wide range of companies and NGO’s in various business sectors across Africa.
Our client, a dynamic Software Company specializing in providing its own branded vehicle tracking software is looking to recruit a Database Administrator to be based in Karen, Kenya. The successful candidate will be required to look after a large database. He/she Must have relevant experience administering the Postgres database.
- Ensure database security
- Ensure queries are super-fast
- Work with CTO and Developers to ensure database design can scale
- Responsible for Backups, disaster recovery, multi-node replica management
- Maintain indexes
- Create new tables, writing sorted procedures/functions
- Using open-source tools to monitor the health of the database & proactively tune queries
- Use tools to ensure you have the right metrics which will be monitored daily to ensure no slowdown
- Execute activities to ensure database high availability i.e.,99.99% uptime at PR & DR sites
- Write and Convert SQL Server stored procedures to Postgres
- Write Ad hoc SQL queries whenever the need arises
- Determine, enforce, and document database policies, procedures, and standards
- Ensure that the company is adaptable to evolving compliance regulations.
- Must have a relevant bachelor’s degree in IT / BBIT or Computer Science
- Must have a minimum of 5 years as a Database Administrator
- Excellent background managing Postgres Database is mandatory
- Good ability to use open-source tools to identify slow-running queries & potential issues
- Setting up, maintaining, and managing a multi-node replica database
- Write efficient ad-hoc queries
- Independent worker with a great work ethic to ensure the database scale is in line with Company growth
- If required, available to work out of office hours to do severe maintenance.
Please click on the tab below to apply: