Our client, a distributor of commercial gas is looking to recruit a Depot Manager based in their plant along Southern Bypass, Dagorreti Road. The ideal candidate must have experience working in working with in a similar position in oil/Gas industry.
- Plan for stock availability
- Coordinate stores operations.
- Inspect store hygiene and cleanliness.
- Report on stocks and transport.
- Maintain the attendance register for depot staff.
- The incumbent is expected to provide measurable input to the depot business strategy within the limits of the role
- Modifying systems, practices and approaches while also influencing working methods.
- Ensures a cost-efficient operation in excess of current best practices
- Provides the leadership and direction for the depot operations.
- Liaises closely with shipping companies, trucking companies, port authorities, and other statutory authorities to ensure that their requirements are met.
- Liaises closely with vendors, suppliers, external consultants, etc to ensure that divergent deliverables are met as required by the terminal.
- Must have Technical Degree (Mechanical Engineering).
- Must currently be working as a Depot Manager.
- Understanding of the transport industry and an ability to relate with the shipping company and other associated industry managers.
- Good communication skills with the ability to communicate across the organization.
- Extensive understanding of modern terminal operations including computer terminal management systems.
- Extensive knowledge of Container Terminals operational practices.
- Experience in finance-related matters, setting budgets and reporting against financial objectives.
- Effective negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to provide leadership, obtain cooperation and assistance to meet objectives.
Please click on the tab below to apply;