Summit Recruitment and Search Africa is a leading Recruitment and Executive Search agency head quartered in Kenya providing outstanding talent to a wide range of companies and NGOs in various business sectors across Africa.
Our client a venture-backed Kenyan agritech startup that fundamentally transforms the productivity of smallholder farmers is seeking to hire a Director of Operations. The successful candidate will be responsible for working in close collaboration with the CEO and site managers to set KPIs and operational goals and then achieve them. The ideal candidate Must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in highly operational roles, with preference for scale-up situations.
- Responsible for overseeing and efficiently executing, together with the Site and Production Managers, all site operations including site management and preparation, onboarding of partners, production and planting scheduling, warehouse management, etc.
- Leads the commercial supervisors to ensure that the commercial team is hitting targets in sales, customer acquisition, proper branch allocation and efficient dispatch and delivery.
- Works with all operational departments, including CEO, to set goals and plans, and track against both.
- Problem solves, thinks and works independently and ultimately drives improved performance in all of the major operational KPIs.
- Must have a Relevant bachelor’s degree, master is highly preferable.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in highly operational roles, with preference for scale-up situations.
- Lives and breathes SOPs, KPI tracking, operational flows and charts, and planning documents, and enjoys keeping people on task.
- Ability to create standardized processes and reporting tools to monitor progress.
- Strong value orientation around operational excellence. You know that mediocrity will not lead to success, so you hold yourself and others to that standard.
- Have a passion for and proven track record of continuous improvements in a dynamic role.
- Be a data driven/critical thinker, organized, with strong analytical and communication skills.
- Have a high degree of professionalism; strong fiduciary mindset; uncompromising ethics.
- An endless desire to learn, try new things and build something big.
Please click on the tab below to apply:
We endeavour to make contact with all of our applicants, but unfortunately, high volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us within two weeks your application has not been successful on this occasion. This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles so please keep an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your skills and experience.
*** Summit Recruitment & Search, as a policy, does not charge any fee as a pre-employment or post-employment requirement***