Our client, a global leader in labeling and packaging materials and offering solutions is looking to recruit a Dispatch Clerk. The successful candidate will be responsible for the overall coordination and management of safe, efficient, handling, dispatch and distribution of products from the company to customers. He/she must have relevant experience working in a B2B manufacturing environment.
- Ensure daily delivery targets are met.
- Ensure the correct procedure for deliveries/dispatches is adhered to.
- Ensure the necessary quality checks have been done on all consignments.
- Issuing the correct documentation on dispatch.
- Sufficiently interacting with the other functional departments as required.
- Conducting loading/offloading inspections on delivery vehicles daily – any deviations on condition of equipment to be reported.
- Ensure a hands-on approach during dispatch and assist with the forklift whenever needed.
- Handle other duties such as invoicing, receiving if/when/as required.
- Ensure all dispatched products are of the correct quantity, type and quality (pick from stock if needed).
- Lead investigations in case of customer complaints and coordinate with other departments if needed.
- Ensure product is safely loaded.
- Ensure all finished pallets are sufficiently and correctly wrapped if required.
- Continuously search for opportunities to improve the dispatch process, dispatch times and lead times to customers.
- Continuously improve the warehouse while ensuring the inventory is accurate through monthly cycle counts.
- A diploma in a relevant field.
- Must have at least 3 years dispatch/warehouse experience in the Manufacturing or Logistics environment.
- Knowledge & experience working with an ERP system will be a distinct advantage.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of operations procedures and processes.
- Good verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Computer literacy- Microsoft Office suite.
- Excellent planning and organizing skills.
- Must have excellent customer service skills.
- Flexibility in relation to working hours.
Please click on the tab below to apply: