Our client, a well-established Family Owned Retail business in Building and Construction is looking to recruit a Dispatch Supervisor. The successful candidate MUST be required to handle services order, direct drivers, resolve service issues and resolve any new problem that may arise. He/she would be required to be outgoing, well-presentable and articulate. The position will require the individual to work Monday to Saturday full day from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
• Gather and maintain route sheet documentation for pickups (scheduled, missed, extra pickups).
• Ensure route completion via the driver check-in process.
• Report driver performance issues or concerns to appropriate management for resolution.
• Assigns routes and service tickets to appropriate drivers throughout the day and for the next day.
• Ensures same-day service on missed pickups by coordinating Driver movement in the field.
• Records and documents information from Drivers and distributes to appropriate departments.
• Communicates with maintenance shop personnel regarding emergency “road services”.
• Provide backup supervisorial support for Route Supervisors.
• Verify accuracy of documents and make changes or corrections as necessary.
• Must have a minimum of a diploma in Logistics & Supply.
• Must have demonstrated a minimum of 2 years experiences working as a Dispatch Supervisor in a high paced environment.
• Must be willing to work Monday to Saturday full day.
• Must have a minimum of 2 years working with direct reports.
• Candidates with experiences working in the Retail environment will have an added advantage.
• Must naturally be outgoing and willing to work with people from different background.
• Ability to multi-task and work under pressure while meeting strict deadlines.
• Ability to work independently and problem solve.
Please click on the tab below to apply;