Our client, an international NGO, is looking to recruit a Driver to be based at their offices in Nairobi, Kenya. The successful candidate will be responsible for driving and maintaining the organizations vehicles to complete assigned errands. The ideal candidate Must have at least 2 years of experience in a similar position. Experience working for an NGO is preferred.
- Drives the organisations motor vehicles to complete assigned duties.
- Cleans and cares for the vehicles. Conducts regular checks of vehicles to ensure that they are mechanically sound and in good working order and reports any problems noted to the Administration Supervisor
- Provides safe transportation to meetings and other destinations for the organisations staff and visitors on official business.
- Posts and collects mail, weighs and affixes the correct amount of stamps on letters and packages.
- Assists in the safe banking of the organisations checks and cash as well as replenishment of petty cash.
- Maintains accurate records of deliveries made to other offices in the organisation’s delivery book.
- Performs general clerical duties as may be assigned and which may include photocopying and packing supplies for field team travel.
- Facilitates the processing of work permits and alien registration certificates for expatriate staff and the processing of visas for organisations staff proceeding on circuit rides and any other official travel.
- Repairs minor mechanical problems on the organisations motor vehicles after confirming the same with the Administration Supervisor.
- Obtains quotations and makes simple purchases on behalf of the office and as per instructions by the Administration Supervisor.
- Records each and every trip made in the book.
- Ensures that the fuel level in each vehicle does not go below the half tank.
- Performs other duties, which are developed and assigned in order to improve the operations of the organisation’s office.
- Manage large and diverse workload under pressure with competing priorities.
- Maintain the integrity of official records.
- Analyse and solve complex problems and make sound decisions.
- High school diploma or equivalent and two (2) years of work experience.
- Proficiency in English language is a MUST.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment required.
Please click on the tab below to apply: