Our client, a restaurant owner, is looking for a self-driven and creative Executive Chef for its restaurant in Kenya. The Executive Chef will be responsible for all food production including all items produced for the restaurant, banqueting, and/or other outlets. The Executive Chef is expected to maintain the highest professional food quality and hygiene standards throughout.
- Schedule and coordinate the kitchen team to ensure food preparation is economical and within budgeted labour cost goals.
- Ensure that high standards of hygiene, cleanliness and safety are maintained throughout all kitchen areas at all times.
- Evaluates food products to ensure that the company’s quality standards are consistently attained.
- Plan menus for all food outlets.
- Consistently monitors menu performance and advise management on necessary adjustments.
- Project annual food, labour and other costs and monitors actual financial results.
- Establish and maintain controls to minimize food waste and theft.
- Approve the requisition and purchase of products and other necessary food supplies.
- Develops standard recipes (Recipe Book) and techniques for food preparation and presentation.
- Attend food & beverage staff and management meetings.
- Consult with the Food & Beverage Controller about the food production aspects of special events and banquets.
- Ensures proper staffing, maximum productivity and exceptional quality standards.
- Develops policies and procedures to enhance and measure quality.
Desirable skills & Experience:
- NVQ level 2/3 in food preparation and cookery (or equivalent qualification).
- Food safety Certificate (HACCP).
- Previous experience of cooking and food preparation in a high-volume environment.
- Driving License.
- Excellent interpersonal/oral communication and customer service skills.
- The ability to work on own initiative.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to handle challenging situations and problem solve.
- Basic I.T skills including Word and Excel.
Please click on the tab below to apply;