Our client, one of the biggest poultry companies in Kenya is looking for an experienced Broiler Operations Manager, for its offices in Nairobi. The successful candidate will be highly experienced and have a proven track record in extracting the optimum performance levels at the lowest cost. Preferably having worked with both company and contract farming operations. Sound understanding of broiler growing economics coupled with strong interpersonal skills are a perquisite for this role. The position oversees the production of in excess 10,000,000 broilers per annum produced on both company and 65 contract farms, in both open and environmentally controlled houses. These volumes are forecasted to continually grow.
- Create & enforce standard operating procedures across all broiler operations.
- Set clear objectives and KPI’s in line with management.
- Manage both open – completely manual, and fully automated systems.
- Manage a diverse group of contract farmers to obtain optimum output
- Train and develop managers and staff to obtain the objectives
- Alongside management, identify, develop and train future talent for promotion and succession
- Form strong relationships with the upstream/downstream internal customer in processing & hatchery operations
- Operational and capital expenditure planning
- Assess relevant technology fit for the business
- 10 years’ experience in the poultry and broiler growing industry
- Recognize performance is driven through stretching targets/KPI
- Preferably has overseas & emerging market work experience
- Able to operate and fully conversant with latest EC housing and equipment – preferably Big Dutchman and/or SKOV
- Can demonstrate exceptional physical and financial performance history from previous employment
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- An understanding of poultry nutrition and key health area knowledge
- Key knowledge of all financial aspects of broiler & integrator production
- Experienced in, and implementation of food safety, animal welfare practices and policies
Please click on the tab below to apply: