Our client, a leading chemical and food ingredient distributor, is looking for a dedicated and dynamic Supply Chain & Operation Manager. The successful candidate will lead the Supply Chain and Operations Team to Ensure that in-bound logistics are optimized to ensure consistent availability of raw materials at minimum cost and that inventory planning is always optimized to ensure optimal working capital deployment in-line with customer demand forecasts. Experience in the food/beverage processing industry or speciality materials distribution is STRONGLY PREFERRED as well as having worked for a Multinational company.
- Oversee the customer service function.
- Oversee the inbound logistics/procurement function.
- Oversee the warehousing function.
- Ensure the procurement of appropriate storage and logistics services, optimized inventory and minimized obsolescence/leakage.
- Ensure maximum efficiency, consistency of product, quality of packaging, elimination of leakage and operations in-line with QMS and industry best-practice.
- Support the review and implementation of appropriate and cost-effective ERP/WMS software.
- Support the expansion of the business through identification of appropriate premises/facilities/equipment.
- Monitor the overall supply pipeline for the business.
- Create and foster an environment of continuous improvement, teamwork, accountability and innovation and to ensure the continuous growth and development of team members.
- To actively solicit and contribute ideas for safer, more cost-effective approaches or new techniques.
- Responsible for meeting goals within time and budget constraints and for the success of activities under his / her control.
- Must have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Supply chain & logistics or related field.
- Must have a minimum of 7 years’ relevant experience in Logistics, Supply Chain/Operations management.
- Must have at least 3 years’ experience managing individuals across different functional areas developing, motivating, directing work and setting priorities.
- Relevant working experience with East African companies and Intra-East Africa logistics and PVOC operations critical.
- Strong Analytical and Strategic skills.
- Exceptional problem solving and negotiation skills.
- Strong planning skills and a self-starter.
- Outstanding communication (both verbal and written) and relationship management skills.
- Willingness and ability to travel.
Please click on the tab below to apply;