Our client that deals with auto care and manufacturing is looking to fill the position Fabrication Manager. The successful candidate will oversee company production of products and services, according to the specifications involving a factory team executing metal fabrication/welding, vehicle accessories fitment, CKD assembling, plasma AutoCAD cutting, spray painting/powder coating sand or short blasting production techniques. Ensure seamless production flow within the lead time, cost controls, minimizing waste without compromising quality.
- Generate job cards as per job briefs, explain its details to the teams and schedule for job execution by each team.
- Allocate duties to staff and plan manpower, monitor staff attendance, ensure tools and materials are ready in each section for job performance.
- Promptly raise with the Production Director Staff disciplinary issues and other matters affecting work performance in the workshop.
- Review individual and teams work performance, giving timely feedback to the management and submitting/updating the required production reports daily. Involved in induction training of staff.
- Responsible for tools, equipment and machines maintenance and or repair requirements with the Technicians.
- Monitor the quality of work and products, noting issues and taking corrective actions in liaison with the management.
- Ensure staff comply with health and safety requirements in the workshop. Ensure the factory is clean and organised.
- Implement company policies, procedures, processes and practises.
- Undertake other duties as may be assigned by the Management.
- Must have a bachelor’s degree in engineering (Mechanical /Manufacturing /Production).
- Must have at least 3 years Managerial /Supervisory hands-on work experience with good knowledge of metal fabrication, vehicle parts fitment, welding, CKD assembly, spray painting/powder coating, sand or short blasting, ROPs and other fabricated accessories.
- Must have ability to interpret drawings and jobs briefs.
- Computer literacy in use of an ERP system with a Production module.
- Understanding of Kaizen work practices and its implementation.
- Good people management skills with ability to motivate individuals and teams.
- Good communicator, able to give feedback and enable upward/downward communication.
- Ability to meet deadlines with timely updates on progress.
Please click on the tab below to apply: