Our client, a family-owned but independently run Dairy food processing company in the outskirts of Nairobi is seeking to recruit the expertise of a Factory Deputy Manager to be based in their Nyamira Office. He/she will be responsible for managing, planning, and preparing schedules for the daily operations of the plant in conjunction with the Factory Plant Manager. The successful candidate Must have a minimum of 10+ years’ experience in a maintenance management role in the dairy sector.
- Coordinate all supply and product purchases for the operations of the factory.
- Oversees all the plant functions, including processing, cleaning, maintenance, budgets, employees, and marketing.
- Responsible for making sure the plant fulfills its functions which includes making the plant available for teaching and research activities of the Food Science, Nutrition and Health Promotion.
- Responsible for expense control, including shrinkage, labor, and overhead costs.
- Comply with all regulatory statutory requirements concerning food, environmental and employee safety.
- Work in conjunction with the Quality Assurance (QA) supervisor in maintaining practices of the Plant that assures product quality and safety.
- Assist in conducting dairy plant tours as they are scheduled.
- Respond to all questions and complaints from the clients in conjunction with the Quality Assurance standards.
- Interview, train, and evaluate all production staff.
- Work with Human Resources in addressing staff performance issues.
- Ensure the compliance of employees to GMP’s (Good manufacturing practices), SOP’s (Standard Operating Procedures), and the proper use of safety equipment and procedures.
- Develop processes to increase productivity and enhance performance.
- Ensure company policies and procedures are always followed.
- Monitor equipment and ensure that they are in good working order.
- Repair or replace plant equipment as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Proven work experience as a Factory Plant Manager.
- Adequate knowledge of business and management principles (budgeting, strategic planning, resource allocation and human resources).
- MUST have familiarity with dairy industry-standard equipment and technical expertise.
- Good understanding of regulatory requirements for operating plants.
- Strong aptitude for root cause analysis and troubleshooting operational issues.
- Be knowledgeable of safety, quality, productivity, demand creation, inventory and stewardship processes.
- Strong leadership and managerial attributes. Exceptional organizational and time-management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Industrial Management with dairy factories, Logistics, or related field.
- A Master’s degree will be an added advantage.
- 10+ years’ experience in a maintenance management role in the dairy sector.
Please click on the tab below to apply: